Best time for
Train and Cruise Combos?
When it comes to planning a vacation, there are plenty of options to choose from. One of the most popular choices is a train and cruise combo. This type of vacation offers the best of both worlds – the romance and adventure of a train journey with the luxury and relaxation of a cruise. But when is the best time to go on such a vacation? In this article, we’ll explore which are the best months to do train and cruise combos.
Spring (March – May)
Spring is a fantastic time to go on a train and cruise combo. The weather is starting to warm up, and many destinations are less crowded than in the summer months. Some of the best train and cruise combos in the spring include:
- The Rocky Mountaineer and Alaskan Cruise: Experience the stunning scenery of the Canadian Rockies on the train, then cruise through Alaska’s glaciers and wildlife-packed waters.
- The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express and European River Cruise: Journey through Europe’s picturesque landscapes on the train, then cruise along the Danube or the Rhine and explore charming towns and cities.
Summer (June – August)
Summer is the peak season for many train and cruise combos. The weather is warm and sunny, and destinations are bustling with activity. Some of the best summer train and cruise combos include:
- The Glacier Express and Mediterranean Cruise: Travel through Switzerland’s Alps on the train, then cruise around the Mediterranean and visit iconic cities such as Barcelona and Rome.
- The Canadian Via Rail and Atlantic Canada Cruise: Journey through Canada’s eastern provinces on the train, then cruise along the coast of Canada and New England and admire the stunning fall foliage.
Fall (September – November)
Fall is a beautiful time to go on a train and cruise combo. The crowds have thinned out, and the scenery is often at its most colorful. Some of the best fall train and cruise combos include:
- The Grand Canyon Railway and Mexico Cruise: Experience the natural wonder of the Grand Canyon on the train, then cruise along Mexico’s Pacific coast and enjoy the warm weather and vibrant culture.
- The Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express and Far East Cruise: Travel through Russia’s vast Siberian wilderness on the train, then cruise around Japan and explore the country’s unique culture and cuisine.
Winter (December – February)
Winter is a magical time to go on a train and cruise combo. Many destinations are transformed by the holiday season, and the cooler weather makes it an ideal time to cozy up on the train or enjoy the amenities of a luxurious cruise ship. Some of the best winter train and cruise combos include:
- The Belmond Royal Scotsman and Christmas Markets River Cruise: Explore Scotland’s stunning countryside on the train, then cruise along the Rhine and visit Europe’s charming Christmas markets.
- The Amtrak Empire Builder and Caribbean Cruise: Journey through the American Midwest on the train, then cruise around the Caribbean and enjoy the warm weather and pristine beaches.
In conclusion, the best months to go on a train and cruise combo depend on your personal preferences and the destinations you want to visit. Whether you prefer the warm weather of summer or the cozy ambiance of winter, there’s a train and cruise combo out there that’s perfect for you. So start planning your dream vacation today!